Saturday, January 9, 2010

2009, the year it was…

It’s been 10 whole days that 2010 has commenced, another year becoming a yesteryear. Each 31st December we realize- we put behind an entire year, a bunch of moments that affected us somehow, some made us happy, and some penetrated deeper to change our lives entirely.

2009 was a very fruitful year for me. It began with me working on the year-end eve in office till 11 pm, and spending a half day alone in office on Jan 1, cursing my company (Cybage) as much as I could :-). Cybage HR policies were at its worst, market conditions were far from the hope of a quick revival, and to follow suit were my project deadlines. I was desperate to quit Cybage and it was in March, when I received a hard earned offer from Zensar Technologies; I didn’t think twice to switch my job.

My 5 month stint with Zensar began in April 2009, not knowing it was a sprint track that I was put on, and only thing expected from me was- to RUN, and keep running without getting tired. I had overcome the financial loss I would have otherwise encountered in Cybage, but that came with a price- I was to sacrifice my personal life to Zensar- NG ODC in particular. There was hardly a weekend I didn’t attend office, and not a day I reached home before 9 pm, things would SUCK.

Finally, just as vCustomer, Zensar proved to be a stepping stone, and finally I got into a company that I admired not only for its posh office and impressive growth, also for its typical “Marathi” culture- Persistent Systems Ltd. I didn’t think twice before accepting the offer. Life so far, is very good here and I have no regrets for the nights spent working hard in Zensar.

2009 was a year to make hay in the stocks as the sun was shining bright. One couldn’t expect a better time when succulent stocks were available in mouth watering prices. I was “investment literate” at the right time, and had great opportunities to put my theory into practice. Sometimes I feel- global recession started at the right time- it all began with Lehman Brothers getting bankrupt, and that happened just 4 days after I returned from 4 months’ stay in the US :-). I wasn’t short of my savings from US trip, thankfully, that made me an aggressive investor in stock markets.

This year also came with a lot of ups and downs in my personal life, from a few strained family matters to some of the most joyous moments. Many good friends got added, some of my best friends got married, some relations got stronger, some got weaker, a bit of “Emotional Atyachaar” towards the end of 2009, but all in all- more credit than debit :-) And, just like every year, I grew a year older in December, and this year I stepped into my late 20s (that means I came a year closer to 30 :-(.)

But finally, as it is said that all’s well that ends well, nothing better could happen than our family being blessed with a baby girl, my niece, on 6th December. After all these great gains and teachings, I have nothing but to thank God and 2009 for making my life better :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment